Monday, February 6, 2017

The Big Secret

How  do you start a post that puts your dirty little secret out for everyone to know and why would someone want do it? Well my name is Lauren and I am about to share with you my darkest secret but once it out there for the world to read, there will be lots of people who will say they too have been through something similar. It seems silly that when 1 in 8 suffer from this that we all tend to keep these type of things a secret and make it so taboo to talk about it. I don't know why we don't talk about it, but I am going to break away from the norm and share my journey with you all.







AND THE SECRET IS ???? (DEEP BREATHE)


I CAN'T HAVE A CHILD THE NATURAL WAY BECAUSE MY FALLOPIAN TUBES ARE BLOCKED. TO CONCEIVE A CHILD DON AND I MUST DO 
IVF.





 
 Why I am I sharing this with the world in the form of a blog.There a couple reasons why:

  •  First I thought this might be a great way to continue to update those who already knew this. Those family members and close friends could become a follower of this blog and be automatically sent updates. I also  would not have to remember who I told what too and who I had not updated. 
  • Second, As I have been reading posts on IVF from facebook support groups, I realized all these women who are going through the same thing are not being supported by the people who care about them the most, because they are afraid to tell them. If I had a friend going through this and they choose to keep it quiet. I would wish I had know so I could of been a support system while they where going through this. 
  •  Lastly, As I think of the future and if the IVF is successful and that moment when we would be able to announce that we are having a baby. I think about how people would not know what we went through to get to that moment and I feel the need for people to know that we did not just pop up  pregnant one day.  I feel the need for people to know that it was hard work, that its was painful, that it was very emotional  and that it affected every aspect of our lives.
So with all that written, I hope you get an understanding of why I am choosing to invite you into our journey and maybe this helps someone else going through this.  If you would like to support us, we love to have you follow us through the good, the bad and the ugly that goes in to the IVF Process. I plan to share exactly what we are going through and to be as real as possible with those reading this. I personally feel like with a great support team and not having to hide this from the world will only make this process easier in the long run.

If you believe in prayer, we be honored if you would pray for us, if not we be just as honored if you sent good vibes/well wishes our way.

Thank you for taking the time to read our first blog post.



13 comments:

  1. It is a big step that you are taking and I wish you the best. Praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Lauren and Don. As you know, John and I struggled with infertility. Thanks to IVF - we have our miracle child. For those that have never experienced this, it is hard to express the pain, heartbreak and challenges that come with infertility. Stay positive and don't give up. It took 3 IVF cycles for us but it was worth it. I'm here if you ever need to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and Don and wishing you both the best as you begin this journey together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now on my morning prayer list, Lauren. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you guys, so proud of you for sharing your adventure, ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you, and will be keeping you in my prayers! Thank you for being brave enough to share. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so proud of you for going on this journey and sharing your story. You are a strong and brave woman. I will continue to pray for you and Don both.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for you both. God hears us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for kind comments and support.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for you guys. Preston and I never had to use IVF but it was a topic of discussion when it seemed as if the other treatments were not working. I will be praying for you on this journey <3

    ReplyDelete